Just Arrived in Nanning

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just Arrived in Nanning

Post  Tinribs on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:49 am

I have just arrived here and would like to know if there is anywhere in Nanning that expats meet up?

Cheers,

Mike Ainsworth

Tinribs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just Arrived in Nanning

Post  danny on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:32 am

Mike,
Welcome to the board. How long are you in Nanning for? I hope you enjoy it.

I don't know many of the bars in Nanning but there is one called

"Just For You"

The address is :
Sunshine 100 Plaza,61,Minzu Daduo,#33 Business Street,, Nanning, China
0771-5712801
I got this address from the internet. It looks correct. Not sure what time they open up but at least by late afternoon...I think?? They are just off Minzu Da Dao. A bit recessed.

There a few othesr that I know the name of ,but not sure what you are looking for. But it should be a start. Let us know what you think about Nanning,

danny

danny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Expat's Meeting Place

Post  Tinribs on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:14 am

Thanks Danny,

I'll look up the place for a visit later this week.I have been here a week and would like to stay at least for the length of my 60 day Visa and possibly more as I understand that this can be renewed twice for 30 days each giving me a maximum of 120 days without a change of Visa type if I've got it right?

I'm a recently retired QS and was working in Abu Dhabi until last August.I was also a fairly keen Hasher!! However I haven't seen any signs of a Hash in Nanning yet.

If you are going along to the bar perhaps you could let me know so that we could meet up.

Cheers and thanks again,

Mike

Tinribs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  danny on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:58 am

Mike, I wish I was in Nanning but unfortunately I am not. You have me a bit confused with your wording. I am guessing that you are speaking ( the British's English ). Terms like QS and hasher are unfamilar to me. I am a bit of a lightweight when it comes to drinking so I don't where the usual drinking spots are. There is another bar called the Kangaroo bar. It was owned by a fellow from Australia. It was mentioned quite often on one of the forums about Nanning. It is located along side Nanhu Lake. It is on the southeastern side of the lake. There are about 5 or 6 bars clumped together in that area. You might want to try that area also. They used to have a website.
I am not familar with extending visa stays. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on that matter for you. You may want to look into registering at the local PBS. If you arre staying in a larger hotel that should have been taken care for you by the hotel. If you are staying in a private home, you should register your stay. It should help you extend your visa.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Nanning.

Danny

danny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just Arrived in Nanning

Post  Tinribs on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi Danny,

Sorry about the terminology.QS means Quantitiy Surveyor.In the USA this would be a Cost Engineer on a Construction Project.A Hasher is someone belonging to a Hash House Harriers cross country running club.It's expat games basically and is also known as the drinking club with a running problem.Say no more!!

I will take your advice and go along to the PSB just in case. I'm staying at the Wanxing hotel next to town square.

Thanks to your help I made contact with some other expats last night at the 'Just for You bar'. they all seem a very friendly bunch.Today there is a lunch at a restaurant in Wangfujing.So things are looking up.

Hope to meet you here someday.

Thanks again.

Mike

Tinribs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  danny on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:29 pm

Mike, I am glad to have been able to help out a little. And thank you for the English lesson. Concerning how to exactly to get a visa extension I am sure that the Expats will know how it is done much better than I. I am sure the expats know the ins and out of how to get it done. I do believe the PBS will get involved some how. Good luck and enjoy your stay in Nanning.

Danny

danny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top