Ipads2 and Apples and things

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ipads2 and Apples and things

Post  danny on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:32 pm

Hello,
I haven't posted here for a while. I have been a little busy with things. I hope all are doing well. I heard that Nanning has had a lot of rain there recently.

I heard that Congrats are in order for Paul and his wife. I am very happy for them.

Bob S. Happy Birthday!!!

Now the reason for this post. I had had a couple of questions about apples. Did you all hear the news about Steve Jobs? A very interesting man and it is interesting how he affected the record business. Never really thought about it before.

I was wondering about Ipads and similar tablets and their prices in China. Are they popular in China and where can one get a good deal on them? Are their prices in Nanning any good? Will they work in the US?

I also was wondering about google talk. How good is it? Will that work in China or not? I am thinking about getting a new phone. Will Google talk work on most smart phones or just Iphones? I have seen the Inspire offer by AT&T and like that phone but the new Iphone 4S has just come out also. Does anyone have any experiences with Google Talk?

Take it easy guys.

Danny

danny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ipad2

Post  Hwyjunky on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:16 am

Hi Danny
I have a son in nanning that's computer Savy he says the Chinese
Ipads are not true, he had me bring one from California,
Works great hear in china. The iPhone and iPad hear in China
Are about the same price as in the U.S I'm using my iphone
To post this replay. I have 2 boys in the U.s one has a iPhone
One has a androd we use a app called (Viber) free voice call
And text works good with any smart phone world wide
Hope this helps
Charlie

Hwyjunky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ipads2 and Apples and things

Post  Admin on Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:55 am

Danny, Hi, been a while since I was here also.

Most things Google are not well used in China because of the fight between Google and China. Google moved their operations to HK. You can use it but it isn't very widely used with the locals. Yahoo and QQ or mostly used. Some use MSN but not as much.

iPad and tablet devices are very popular in China. The problem is getting what you think you are paying for. I don't know if you heard about the fake Apple stores that look totally like the real thing. They are cracking down on the but it's still hard to tell what is real and what is not. As you know there isn't much in the way of consumer protection there at this time. If you can make it to HK you would be better off.
Having said that, there is something I learned learned from my boss. If you can find a Sam's store, what you buy is pretty much what is inside as well. There is one other chain that he suggested as the same. That was Pingyu I think. It is a huge electronics chain.

Also, there are some great Android products that are on the market I would love to have. Prices compare with what you would pay here. The ipad is 500-700usd. Be very very careful about it.

Hope that helps.
Clif
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.clifdavis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  danny on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Thanks Clif for the reply. Tablets are quite the hot item for Xmas this year. Their lightness is a big plus. But their "need" to be tied to is a rather costly consideration. Thanks again for the info. I visited the AT&T store last week looking for to upgrade my smart phone. They were offerring a free Galaxy II Skyrocket smart phone with a Samsung 8.9 in. Android tablet for $479. But I had to have data plans on both device for 2 years. It is $35 dollars per month for the 3 gig's of data for the tablet. I am tempted but I really question is I am going to being using the tablet much after the novelty wears off.
Danny

danny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:13 pm

Danny I understand about justification. I want on of them so much I could scream but I can't convince myself it would be worth it.

Having said that, the more photography I do the more I want one to be able to use the tools available with them. Problem is, the laptop I have is as good as my desktop and just as fast. So, I have a real problem justifying. it.

Blessings.
Clif
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.clifdavis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top