Going for a ride.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Going for a ride.

Post  danny on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:12 pm

Hello everyone. Happy Chinese New Years to one and all. I got a link notice of this Bus service in Nanning a few weeks ago:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wonder if anyone has tried it out. On my next trip I will try to give it a go. On my last trip to China and Nanning I notice some of the changes to Nanning. Seem like it is a different city in the Langdong area. I guess over the last 5 years it has really been built up. Also I got a couple of chances to ride thru the tunnel under Nanning Lake. That was interesting. I had heard about it but never really knew how it was set-up. On google map the satellite view looks a little strange to me.
On my last trip to Nanning I was short on time and my ankle was giving me a hard time. I didn't get much of a chance to wonder around Nanning. I did go for a bus ride to the CAEXPO center. I took a bus that went along the back side. I got off at the Expo center and on the way back I tried to find a bus stop to go home. I figure that all I had to do was cross the street and take the same number bus home. Simple enough , right. Well so I thought. First the bus stop was up the hill a bit. A

danny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going for a ride.

Post  danny on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:31 pm

Cont. sorrry I was having a bit of problem with my computer. Anyways. 10 minutes up the hill with hurting ankle. I found a bustop. I must have waited about 1:15 minutes. Two bus went by and didn't stop. Eventually there were about 4 or 5 people waiting for the bus. Out of frustrations we got on to another numbered bus. I was hoping it get me close to home. Well as we were going by the CAEXPO we hung a left. I was really hoping that the bus would go straight. Straight to my home. No such luck. We continued on my ride. Riding thru parts of Nanning that mostly looked new to me. Eventually we got near the other side of the Nanhu Lake tunnel. I said to myself. Maybe it is time to get off the bus. Well then the bus took another left turn. Oh OH. Another 10 minutes on the bus we were going by a university area on the backside of Nanhu Lake area. Or least I thought it was. Turns out that I was right. Home at last. Well almost. Just another 10 minute ride with my rested Razz hurting ankle. It was an interesting bus ride. I had my home address written down. I had extra money for a taxi ride if need be and I had my cell phone. I wonder if I will take another bus ride on my next trip to Nanning. Have a good one.

I miss Nanning. I also miss stories about Nanning. Anyone have any good ones?

Danny

danny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top